Close to retirement
Most of us want to finish work and retire at some point.
Retirement could last 20, 30, even 40 years; that’s a long time and takes careful planning.
- Understanding the income you need in retirement to pay the bills
- Dreaming a little; thinking about all the things you’ve not got around to doing yet and then putting in place a plan so you can afford to do them
- Learning how the new Pension Freedoms rules can be used to your advantage
- Considering how best to turn your pension pot into an income
- Understanding what income your existing pensions will give you in retirement
- Learning more about the State Pension; how much will it give you? And when?
- Thinking about how you will be able to financially help your children or grandchildren, if that’s something which is important to you
- Considering the effect the cost of care in old age might have on your finances and the amount of money you will be able to leave to your loved ones
- Thinking about Inheritance Tax; is your estate large enough that your beneficiaries will have to pay tax on what you leave to them? How can you reduce any tax that’s paid?
- Making sure your assets are passed to the people who you want to receive them and that, should you be unable to make key decisions about your health and finances, someone you trust has been appointed to do so
While nearly all of us want to retire, exactly what retirement means to you, is as different to the next person as your fingerprint.
The means you need a bespoke plan, based on your needs and objectives. That’s exactly what I do for all my clients helping them live the life in retirement that they want.
If you would like to chat, please complete the form below and I’ll get in touch.